Thursday, December 29, 2005

My Name is Joni, and I am a Baseball Fan

When one lives in a city where our major league baseball team has won their division for the last 14 or so years, and even made it to the Series a time or two, you would think you would be surrounded by baseball fans. But in my office, I'm like the only baseball fan. Sure, the girl from Chicago suddenly became a big fan about mid-October, and the other guy that grew up in Boston did crawl from the woodwork around the same time in 2004, but normally when I mention baseball, its crickets.

Mention the Falcons (a team that has never had two consecutive winning seasons) and they are all abuzz about the latest happenings. People who barely finished high school, let alone went to college, will argue the merits of Georgia vs. Georgia Tech. We've even got one nut case that spends $8,000 on a set of season tickets for the Atlanta Flames/Knights/Thrashers/Whatevers Hockey team. But mention baseball in say, the month of May, and you get a big bunch of nothing.

Losers.

So, I gladly join this group of baseball misfits, half-wits and girls with big.... well, whatever.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home