Tuesday, March 28, 2006

This Is Ponderous, Man

Time for the obligatory prediction entry. This is the one that annualy shows the idiocy of a layman trying to predict sporting outcomes. (How many of you got the Final Four right this year? Hell, I was ecstatic that I correctly "predicted" one of them, especially since I don't follow college basketball at all unless it involves my UConn Huskies.)

For the record, regarding the above parenthetical, I was born in Connecticut and lived close to Storrs. So I have a valid reason for rooting for the Huskies. But enough rhetoric, it's time for the guesses to begin...

Disclaimer: I tend to pick with my heart and not my head. Sue me. And good luck getting any money with that move...

NL Division Winners and Wild Card:
NL East: Atlanta Braves (I'm not picking against them until they show they are mortal)
NL Central: Houston Astros (Even sans Clemens , their pitching is unrivaled)
NL West: LA Dodgers (Counting on a Nomar comeback and a "Little" miracle)
Wild Card: NY Mets (Yeah, right...)

AL Division Winners and Wild Card:
AL East: Toronto Blue Jays (Fingers crossed, even though I'm a Bosox fan by proxy)
AL Central: Chicago White Sox (See note above about Houston's pitching)
AL West: Texas Rangers (And there is the "heart not head" pick)
Wild Card: Oakland A's (Will be tough in this four team division, but possible)

NLDS and NLCS
The Astros and the Mets move on, with Houston prevailing in six games.

ALDS and ALCS
Chicago and Texas ace the first round, but the Sox pummel the Rangers in the ALCS.

World Series
A repeat of 2005... kind of. Chicago will win again, but this time it will take all seven games.

MVPs
NL: David Wright, NY Mets
AL: Mark Teixeira, Texas Rangers

Cy Young
NL: Roy Oswalt, Houston Astros
AL: Johan Santana, Minnesota Twins

Rookie of the Year
NL: Prince Fielder, Brewers (barely edging out the Padres' Josh Barfield)
AL: Brian Anderson, White Sox

Manager of the Year
NL: Grady Little
AL: Joe Maddon (Watch out for the Rays...)

Comeback Player of the Year
NL: Nomah ('Nuff said)
AL: Jim Thome

It took me only a half hour, and one beer, to write this one and I didn't give much thought to it before I started. Didn't want to, really. Talk about going with my heart and not my head...

... but that tactic seems to be working out for me lately.

Devin? I'll see you on Opening Day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home