Thursday, March 09, 2006

Weighing in...

I have spent the last 2 weeks in the San Jose/San Franciso area. When the story of the Chronicle reporters getting ready to release their "explosive" (media words there folks) book on Barry "My head is too large for my body" Bonds, I only laughed. No one in thier right mind should be shocked. Check out his 87' Topps card, and compare it to today. Its not the same person. From 87' to today, yeah I weigh much more. But I don't look like I have been shooting up? Nope. Unless you count Krispy Kreme and Carl's Jr.

Barry Bonds is bad for baseball. He has never been approachable. He is not friendly, unless things are going his way. He mocks teams for walking him, but if they were to bean him with the ball, it would fly 500 feet. He has people in his corner pointing out that even if he did shoot up in the 90's it was not against the rules of MLB. Hey Barry, question. Ninjamunkey, talking Sport Blog. If it were illegal, would you have done it? Sure you would. Do kids hope and dream of playing in the majors, but never get signed because assholes like you and your drugs have pushed the bar too high? Everyday.

Don't justify your actions to me. Justification is what junkies do. They can stop at any time. Can you? Can you go without a shot and still break the record?

Yeah, there have been bad guys in ball before. Cobb, Ruth, hell even one of my idols, Mickey Mantle was said to be a drunk ass most of the time. They did not hide it, they did not lay out of the first year of random testing. they drank, they smoked 5 foot cigars, and they played ball. Why couldn't you do the same?

This is just my opinion, I make it up as I go along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home