Thursday, February 16, 2006

So Full Of It

I want to hate the White Sox, I really do.

After all, they're the Not Cubs. They're that other team in Chicago, the one I don't root, root, root for. They're the World Series champions, and my Cubs are not.

But damn it all to hell, I love Ozzie Guillen.

The man truly does not give one singular rat's ass what you think of him. And if he has an opinion, you will hear it. (Refreshing in this day and age, when everyone has to walk on broken glass to keep from offending anyone at all.)

My latest reason for loving Oz comes from a recent Sports Illustrated interview, where Guillen blasts Alex Rodriguez for being so damned wishy-washy about his participation in the World Baseball Classic. The greatest amount of ire comes when Alex aligns himself with the Dominican Republic.

"I hate hypocrites: He's full of shit. The Dominican team doesn't need his ass. It's the same with [Nomar] Garciaparra playing for Mexico. Garciaparra only knows Cancun because he went to visit."


Brava, Ozzie. Brava.

1 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Ali said...

one manager does not a team make. Love Ozzie and hate the Sox all you want. It works for me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home