Wednesday, February 01, 2006

People will come Ray...

I have a confession to make, I am a baseball junkie. In 2 short weeks, Pitchers and Catchers report for spring training. That is when it all becomes real. I have already started shopping for a new jersey, hat, and other related baseball wear. I read every article, webpage, blog, minor league report, major league report, news story, anything I can find about the great game.

Last year, I did not get to attend one game. Mainly it was a timing issue, I was working for my company starting in May, putting in 60 hours plus per week. Prior to that, I had a commute to another company that took most of my lifeline. We also had a almost 2 year old that I did not think would react very well to sitting in the stands for 2 plus hours with nothing to do. Granted, he loves his "go-go" men.

I did not get to see the field in its 3D glory. The green grass shimmering in the Texas heat. The smell of onions and hot dogs roasting. The way that a beer, even at 5 bucks or more, is the coldest, sweetest thing in the world when your at the ballpark. I did not get a chance to hear Chuck Morgan announce the players, and the rest of the staff. I did not get to watch a Dot Race.

Now, I am having baseball withdrawl. I think of the way I feel when reading box scores, or watching highlights on SportsCenter. I think of how funny it is to me to be able to sit and watch a Rangers telecast, while people mock me for watching something so "boring". To me, it is as exciting as anything I know. For the most part.

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Tony McCarthy said...

Only people with no intelligence would refer to baseball as boring. It is the most intricate game and takes loads of skill and baseball knowledge to compete at the major league level. To all the nay-sayers, go back to reality tv and your other sports and leave the baseball to the ones with the passion for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home